Most Mormons claim to be just an other denomination within Christianity. But is that true? The following points reveal they are clearly not Christian.
1. Mormonism teaches the Bible is flawed and must be supplemented with Mormon writings. “We believe the Bible to be the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the book of Mormon to be the word of God.” (Articles of Faith, No. 8)
2. Mormonism teaches God is an exalted man and has a physical body. “God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 345)
3. Mormonism teaches Jesus was married and had many wives. “We say it was Jesus Christ who was married at Cana of Galilee.” (Journal of Discourses, Vol 2, pg. 80)
4. Mormonism teaches Jesus was not conceived by the Holy Ghost but was the natural child of Adam and Mary. “When the Virgin Mary conceived the Child Jesus…He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is his Father? He is the first of the human family.”
(Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Pg.50-51) No longer taught in the Mormon church.
5. Mormonism teaches the true church ceased to exist until it was restored to Joseph Smith. “The church (LDS) was restored April 6, 1830, by Joseph Smith.” (Doctrines and Covenents 20:1)
6. Mormonism teaches a different message of salvation than that found in the Bible. Salvation for the Mormon requires the following:
“Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Spirit by laying on of hands, Morality, Loyalty, Tithing, Word of Wisdom, Duty Celestial Marriage (for eternity).” (LDS
Chart of Free Agency and Articles of Faith, No. 4)
7. Mormonism teaches salvation for the dead by proxy water baptism. This doctrine is based on one misunderstood scripture: “Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? Why are they then baptized for the dead?” (1 Corinthians 15:29) Paul did not practice baptism for the dead. He excluded himself by using the pronoun “they” rather than “we” or “ye”. He is asking a question rather than making a statement. The Bible clearly states that “It is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgment.” (Hebrews 9:27)
8. Mormonism teaches genealogical research for the dead, as a means of saving dead relatives. “Let us, therefore, as a church and a people, and as Latter-day Saints, offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness; and let us present in his holy temple, when it is finished, a book containing the records of our dead, which shall be worth of all acceptation.” (Doctrines and Covenents 128:24)
9. Mormonism teaches there are modern-day prophets and modern-day revelations from God, equivalent in authority to Scripture. Mormonism claims Joseph Smith received the Aaronic Priesthood from John the Baptist. The Melchizedek Priesthood and Apostleship was restored by Peter, James and John shortly afterwards in 1829. (Doctrines and Covenents 13)
10. Mormonism teaches salvation depends upon good works and acceptance of Joseph Smith. “No man who rejects the testimony of Joseph Smith can enter the kingdom of God.” (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1 pg.190) “Men have